I turned forty last weekend. Just so you know? 21 is over-rated.. 40 is the better birthday - by a long shot!
True - I am incredibly biased in this - as I have found that in the months leading to 40, and so far, in the week since, my life has come together.
I have been reminded in the last week and a half, that things I am noticing and celebrating in myself now, have always been there... much love and thanks to old friends and new.
My birthday weekend started off with carousing at a local tavern with a bunch of pirates and wenches that I am so proud to be affiliated with. It was an awesome night on which I felt incredibly spoiled and honoured to, well.. let's face it, be the centre of! *grin* The lovely Kim took photos.. here are a few to live vicariaously through... ;-)
 |
| With Kim and Kylie |
|
|
|
|
 |
| With Nastee |
|
| | |
| With Nick and Sarah |
 |
| With Os |
 |
| With Buccaneer Bill |
 |
| With Beyno |
 |
| With Jess |
 |
| With Steph |
| | |
| With Rach, Mel and my fabulous cake! |
 |
| With Layke |
 |
Wenching it up with Kim
 |
| Nastee hamming it up |
|
 |
| The Gang |
 |
| Tinnaz |
 |
| My beautiful cake created by Rach and Mel |
 |
| The gang - candid shot! |
 |
| Cheeky G&T post party |
 |
| Very happy end to a very happy night :-) |
Phew! This place doesn't make it easy to post photos! :P
After a superb night out with my gridiron family, I spent the weekend with my family family :-P I don;t have photos yet.. they will filter through eventually.. but all in all, I am pretty lucky to have the things in my life that I do. It makes the rest fall by the wayside, and worth it in the end. It has probably taken the 19 years since my 21st to realise the things I already knew to be true, but it will not take 19 years for them to be realised.
Bring it on in all its glory!
No comments:
Post a Comment