True, it is March.. but happy 2012! I have been AWOL, and many things have changed, but then, life is change, is it not? :-)
I have hit 2012 running! Specifically in the last 2 weeks, I have started the Advanced Diploma of Sports Therapy, resigned from my regular job to work agency (for flexibility) and taken on an additional role in the world of gridiron, being the medic (or "head trainer" ?! eek!) of the Victorian State Gridiron team, the Victorian Eagles. On the days I have I have nothing on (thank goodness for annual leave!), my head spins with how different my life is, even from 12 months ago!
I love the life I have now. It is full of family and friends, fun and love, challenges and possibilities and opportunity and purpose.
It is easy in that rare down time, to throw my hands up and question "WTF am I doing?!". And then I am reminded that it is all good. I am reminded that once the dust settles and the adrenalin is used up, there is a lull that requires discipline and control to assess and replenish.
Lately, there have been some notable coincidences that are overwhelming. I have been reminded of instances in my past that are reminiscent of my present. There is strength in that.
The strength tarot card is not about physical strength, it is about strength of character - overcoming your weak moments with grace - kindness, compassion, persistence and effort are notably present. In a reading, if inverted, the card can relate to losing control of impulses and desires or feelings of pride and unwarranted anger.
Regardless of a reading, these lulls are characterised by the meaning of this card. And the symbolism of the image presents me with another coincidence that is hard to ignore.
The pros outweigh the cons, but for some reason, the cons are where we focus in our down time. Maybe because when you are not on your down time, you are focused on the pros and the goals? It doesn't take long for them to reassert :-) Like being dumped by a big wave at the beach, it is way too tempting to go back in to have another go!! ;-)
Later, gators! xx


No comments:
Post a Comment