Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Truth About Love...

Most people who know me, know of my admiration for P!nk.  I recently got a hold of her latest album.  She has an uncanny knack of writing lyrics that feel like they have been lifted from my mind - or even more uncanny, my heart.  This new  album is no exception.  Songs and lyrics that are like slipping on your favourite tshirt and pair of jeans as soon as you hear them, even for the first time.

I am not unique in emoting through music - I think that it is one of the things that makes us human.  It is an expression of the composer's or performer's emotions, and the music we are drawn to is the music that speaks to us.  Much like art, books, movies and people, really.

There is nothing worse than mind games and betrayal.  If those are the games you are going to play, then you win by default, because I cannot be bothered to meet you on that.  I am mostly WYSIWYG. 

Hmm guess I'd better find me that hermit cave afterall.. ;-)


From the music video for "Try" - I prefer the live version



No comments:

Post a Comment