Saturday, January 09, 2021

Has 2021 shown its true colours.. already?

I think it has been about a year since I have written here.. there are quite a few drafts that have gone unpublished, full of unfocused and unfinshed thoughts and rants. I listen to those around me talking about 2020 being such and such a year, and it occurs to me that really, it is all a construct that we have put on ourselves. This "year" is really no different to any other "year". It is all just everyone moving in the same orbit. So yeah.. I am not gonna rant on about covid, for 2 reasons.. Firstly, I am fortunate to live where I live, and the impact has been mild, even though initially, traumatic, as it was for everyone. And secondly, every person and their peanut gallery has an opinion and a theory, and really, I am not interested in the sensational crap. So despite the microbes out there trying to destroy humankind.. 2020 was its own rollercoaster. New Year's marked 2 years since my dad died.. so I am also coming up on two years since becoming a home owner. It feels like such a short time, and forever all at once. I miss my dad - but not. In the sense that it feels more now that he walks with me, and I find strength in that. 2020 saw a few friends close to my heart succumb to illness as well. And they sit alongside Dad and Mike and are my "Beauty and the Beast" panel. Omce again, I find strength in that. The world is turned on its head, and yet I feel more sure of where I fit in it than I have in a very long time. *shrug* maybe it is the chaos that I thrive in, and rather having it in my own bubble, it is further away, so I am at peace. 2020 is going to be remembered for many things.. and people wil wax lyrical about the good, the bad and the ugly. For me, those elements were represented - some very ugly parts throughout which I can happily say I remained loyal, mature and grew from, depsite efforts to expose my strengths as weaknesses, by people who do not know or understand me. 2020 ended with the promise of new things - new friends, new opportunities, new hope - that will lead to wonderfulness, regardless of what year it is. And regardless of anything, I can look back on the last week and think "It could be worse.. you could be Donald Trump!" Nobody is wanting to be him any more.. if they ever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment