Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Addenda

Two things: 

  • The Buccs are hosting the Div 1 semi final @ The Cove (Corio Community Reserve, Corio - entry via Bogong St) on Saturday, August 20, 2011.  Game time yet to be announced.  So come and watch the game!  

  • Just a need to clarify.. when I refer to "nurses", I include myself in that.  All of the things I have had a rant about, I have experienced one way or another, and usually not just in one case.  We are all human.  And my rants are not about specifics, but about concepts.  There may be references to specific examples, but there is no intention to assign blame or name names.  It would defeat the purpose and negate the spirit of being a joy fairy! ;-)  My aim is to make people think about nursing issues, about nursing theory and practice, about a desire to have nurses think of themselves as part of a bigger picture.  We are the mortar that holds the brick wall together.  Without that mortar, there is no structure.. we are so caught up in being that mortar, we forget that we are essential.  We need to make people understand that the thinner the mortar is spread, the less likely the bricks hold, and the wall tumbles down.  I don't have it in for my colleagues or any nurse - I want them to be proud of their profession and to stop letting the system take advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment