Monday, August 01, 2011

First rant continued...

So where was I?

Speakers at the ANF delgates conference... So the first day ended with Anh Do.  Another exceptional and inspiring speaker!  It is little wonder I am grumpy after two days of this stuff.. it is more than my cynical soul can handle!  Seriously, this guy has gotten his shit together and is reaping the rewards - completely awesome and happy thoughts and more to him and his family.

The second day brought us two additional mind blowing speakers.  One, who had me completely captivated because it was as if he had reached into my head and pulled out the way I think of myself.  Adam Elliot got on the stage and did not spin, he told the story of his Oscar win and made me believe that if you have a passion, that it will lead to something pretty spectacular.  That you can be successful and still true to yourself.  This is getting a bit peace, love and mung beans.. I must be getting tired!

The other speaker was Sam Cawthorn.  Another inspirational speaker who has "bounced forward" from adversity to live long and prosper.  Not being one who pays attention to these things, Sam was the Young Australian of the Year 2009.  He has quite a tale to tell and seems a lovely guy.  Speaks a bit like he is channeling some sort of religious evangelist, and to his credit, he did not mention religion.. come to think of it.. there was no mention of religion by any of the speakers.. must be a part of Speech Making 101!

These speakers made me believe that it is possible to make changes.  That in order to move forward, one must leave the past behind.  Which brings me to the key events whose impact was less positive.  On the whole, nurses do not leave the past behind.  They dwell on it.  Don't get me wrong, I dwell on the past, and recently found that something I thought I had sorted has remained a grudge.  At least I removed myself from that situation.  But on the level on which it counts, I have let it go.

The outcome is this: The only way to change such set ideas is to lead by example... maybe it will rub off on someone.  This is not a new idea for me.. but it has been hammered home that, for now, it is my primary tool.

This has not gone the way I had anticipated.. I probably shouldn't have stopped mid rant.. but there are more rants that I have that relate, and I think it would be better to start anew in relation to those specific.

The conference, for me, was a success.  I learned and experienced a whole lot of great things, and sadly, had some other things confirmed.

I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment