Although, now that I have said that, I guess one needs to be relaxed enough to just let it happen.. and it looks like I have a few more barriers to circumnavigate. They are recent, so they still have hold. I used to be a hugger and a big old labrador puppy.. just got slapped on the nose real hard - harsh lesson that :-P
So now my cuddles are munchkin cuddles, which I totally love, are most excellent, unconditional and most precious. Do not get me wrong, but friend hugs when you are a bit down on yourself, or celebrating a success, or just because (there used to be a lot of those) are different to those of the kidlets in your life. I have said it before, and I will say it again - being grown up is over-rated. I didn't used to be so serious. So some of it must be me, and a result of things that have happened.. but surely people still laugh with abandon, to the point of not being able to stand up once they have laughed themselve on to the floor (yes, I have been there many a time!) I just do not seem to see it much any more. Hmm - time for new eyes, perhaps?!
Maybe it is a part of being in a new place and making new friends.. it takes time to develop friendships that create that silliness. There is a level of intimacy with private jokes and silliness that makes one sink to the floor unable to breathe :P And once again, I am being too hard on myself *rolls eyes* one day I will give myself a break! :-P
At the moment, Craig Ferguson and his sidekick robot skeleton, Geoff Peterson, tickle my funny bone to the point of laughing out loud. It is silly, madcap, innuendo, that is just nonsensical and I just love that none of it is serious! Have you noticed that even kid's shows are serious nowadays? All about morals and learning. I love Peppa Pig, but she is a little so and so! (which is probably why I love her... well.. that and the laughing in that show.. everyone ends up rolling around on the floor laughing - I LOVE that!) and my absolute favourite is Charlie and Lola.. another show that is just delightful to watch.. they don't show it enough. Lola ponders the big questions with panache and imagination.. I love it.
Imagination.. that is what it is. Do kids still play pretend? I know I have tea parties with my niece.. and she cuts my hair and we read about Aliens who love underpants (if you haven't already.. you need to read these books.. ) and we play chasings with her little brother around and around the house :-P
BIt of a redirect here - I stopped mid post because I didn't really know where I was going with it.. and it was time to sleep. On that note, whilst surfing through FB, I found this quote being "liked" -
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn MonroeIt resonated - I was thinking it sounded like me.. but then, it made me think, isn't it everybody? I am told I am scary and intimidating - clearly THOSE people do not know about my love for all things nonsensical, animated, monty pythonesque, muppet and kids tv! (oh.. and don't forget fart jokes.. that is almost a guaranteed collapse into uncontrollable giggles and guffaws!)
I have been told I am too bossy (a fact I do not refute - my mother snorted and stated I was born bossy - and my response is generally that being bossy is part of my job description!) I have been told I do not think like a nurse, or I am too smart to be a nurse (a backhanded compliment which might be reflected in previous posts.. )
I spend a lot of time by myself - so I am selfish, impatient and insecure by default ;-) The out of control goes hand in hand with the hard to handle - I get an idea and like getting my hands on the ball, I run with it till I reach the endzone. Whether it is a point scorer or there is a penalty on the play, is only discovered once the running has stopped. Some come a long for the ride, but few make it to the end zone with me ;-)
Maybe that is why I like the gridiron boys - they look tough, they talk tough, you certainly wouldn't want to piss 'em off, but they are full of honour, compassion and have a marshmallowy centre (shhhh don't tell anyone ;-) ) And I am gonna say it again, after watching a most amusing debate between players as to who was more passionate about football, I love these guys! This blog is turning into a hero worship of The Buccs.. which will make their awesomeness meters overflow no doubt, *shrug* but at the moment, finals time, I think we are all pumped and focused on the next two weeks.
I am finding it hard to concentrate on my bioethics related studies when I am thinking career choices, study choices, football, player health and safety and Buccaneer Booyah! :-P How does one choose an essay topic when one is not interested at the moment? I suspect it will sort itself out :-P I wonder if my essays will be like my posts and fall into football metaphor and analogy! *laugh*
Still.. I wish I could go to a tea party on the ceiling...
Bert: Uncle Albert, I got a jolly joke I saved for just such an occasion. Would you like to hear it?
Uncle Albert: [sobbing] I'd be so grateful.
Bert: Well it's about me granddad, see, and one night he has a nightmare. He was so scared, he chewed his pillow to bits. Bits. In the morning, I says, "How you feel, Granddad?" He says, "Oh, not bad. A little down in the mouth."
[Bert laughs, Uncle Albert sobs harder]
Bert: I always say there's nothing like a good joke.
Uncle Albert: [sobbing] No, and that was nothing like a good joke.
No comments:
Post a Comment